INTERNET SAFETY 101®Educate Equip Empower
|Home > Dangers > Web 2.0 > Mobile Devices |
The development of new technologies including portable music devices, gaming devices, mobile phones and PDAs has increased the benefits and the threats that children face. These threats include:
- Easy access to pornography, violent content and other inappropriate sites
- Cyberbullying and harassment
- Contact by a sexual predator
- Picture and video uploads (youth use camera and video functions on their cell phones to take and post inappropriate and sexual content)
- Direct access to social networking sites
- Texting while driving/distracted driving
- Difficulty for parents to monitor content and contacts accessed
- Phone scams, which are designed to steal personal details or money, often via text. You might not know you or your children have been scammed, so it’s important to check invoices or online statements carefully for any unusual charges
20 Years on The Frontlines of
Protecting Children and Families
"At a Glance"
"At a Glance"
ORDER 101 BY CALLING:
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Copyright © 2009-2013 Enough Is Enough℠. Materials included on this website are excerpted from the Internet Safety 101SM Workbook and DVD Series.
Full teaching material and subject-based information is available in the Internet Safety 101SM Workbook and DVD Teaching Series.
/ Site Map
This website is also funded in part through a grant from the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice. Neither the Department of Justice now any of its components operate, control, are responsible for, or necessarily endorse this Website (including, without limitation, its content, technical infrastructure, and policies, and any services or tools provided).